Pet photography workshops that are fun for you… and for your dog
Have you been trying to take a photograph of your dog? Tricky, isn’t it.
But don’t worry because my How to Photograph Your Dog in the Outdoors workshops are designed to deliver an immediate improvement.
I’ll show you easy-to-use techniques that you can start using straight away. You don’t need a posh camera. You’ll learn skills and ideas that work with any type of camera, even your mobile phone.
I run 2 workshops, Basic and Advanced, each lasting 3-4 hours and for up to 5 participants and their dogs (you do not need to bring a dog). Bear in mind that you’ll need to attend the Basic workshop before doing the Advanced session. Here’s what they cover:
- Making the best of lighting
- How to engage your dog and keep them interested
- The use of angles
- The importance of background, setting the scene and the rule of thirds
Advanced workshop (bookable after attendance on the Basic course)
- Shutter techniques – capturing dogs at speed
- Aperture techniques – creating beautiful portraits
- How to photograph more than 1 dog at a time
- How to photograph dogs with people
How much does it cost?
- £75 per person
- £135 for both workshops if taken on separate days – 10% discount if you book both the Basic and Advanced at the same time
- £155 for both workshops – Basic and Advanced workshops in a day as part of a group
- £275 for a day’s one-to-one workshop, covering both Basic and Advanced
Thinking of setting up a pet photography business? My workshops are for amateurs and enthusiasts only. Unfortunately, it has come to my attention that a few people have set up pet photography businesses in the south east after attending my workshops. Sorry folks, but it’s not good for business to train potential competitors. If you are thinking of running a business and you are not based in the south east, you are welcome to apply for my mentoring course – see below.
Dates – places available on all the following dates (workshops do not run in Dec/Jan)
- BASIC: Saturday 25th June* /
- ADVANCED: Saturday 25th June* /
* Running both the B & A in one day.
Other dates available. If none of these dates suit you contact me to arrange a mutually suitable date.
To book your workshop, call me on 07810 516120 or drop me an email.
Mentoring for pet photographers
Are you thinking of starting your own pet photography business? Not sure how to start? Or perhaps you’re already running your business and need some knowledgeable support. I offer a limited number of spaces per year on my bespoke mentoring course (two spaces left for 2016).
I run workshops and mentoring sessions packed full of information and advice about the pet photography business. You’ll leave with all the knowledge, enthusiasm and great ideas you need for a successful, lucrative business.
First things first… For obvious reasons, I don’t offer mentoring to people wanting to run their business in Sussex, counties in the south east or London.
The courses are usually one-to-one and run for 2 days, either concurrently or on separate days. It’s your choice. You’ll learn the following:
- How to get started in the pet photography business
- Advanced dog photography techniques, including the Basic and Advanced workshops
- How to orchestrate a shoot, including advice on how to deal with a variety of dogs and dog owners
- Technical advice on camera equipment, post-production techniques and software
- Advertising and marketing, including social media
- Websites, SEO and Google Analytics
You’ll receive a printed guide covering everything you’ve learnt on the course. I’ll also be available for ongoing support and guidance by phone or email.
If you’re serious about running your own pet photography business and want a head-start on the competition, get yourself down to Brighton. Book your session by calling me on 07810 516120 or contact me by email here.
- £950 payable in advance (I’ll accept payment by instalment)
- £250 for additional half-day Photoshop and Lightroom training, tailored to your exact needs.